Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween: Caramel Apples

My brother threw a raging Halloween bash this weekend. Mostly it was a ruse to provide him with a means to propose to his lovely girlfriend (now fiance). For my part I decided to bring candied caramel apples.

I went a little crazy loading up on candy including caramel, apples, oreos, butterfingers, toffee, Reese's peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, white and dark chocolate. After covering the apples in thick caramel, I rolled them in crushed candy and cookies in various combinations, then drizzled the apples with melted milk and white chocolate. The result was a coma inducing sugar fest. The Halloweeners were quite pleased, though I have to say they were a bit too chunky.

Notes for future attempts: buy enough caramel to allow for dippage all the way to the stick, and crush the candies in my food processor. Lazy me.

0 comments: